I have had a love of figs since I had an amazing appetizer that used a combination of them with blue cheese and prosciutto. Since then, I created this fig jam and have used it as a glaze on our Easter ham, smeared it on a bagel with cream cheese and dolloped on pizza. — Monica Keleher, Methuen, Massachusetts
16 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 cups chopped dried figs
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a large saucepan, combine figs and water; bring to a boil. Reduce
- heat; simmer, uncovered, 12-14 minutes or until liquid is almost
- evaporated, stirring occasionally. Add wine; cook 6-8 minutes longer
- or until liquid is almost evaporated, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat; stir in honey, lemon peel and salt. Cool slightly.
- Process in a food processor until blended. Transfer to covered jars;
- refrigerate up to 1 week. Yield: 2 cups.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.