Fig-Glazed Pork Tenderloin Recipe
- 1 pork tenderloin (1 pound), cut into 8 slices
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/3 cup fig preserves
- 3 tablespoons apple juice
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1. Sprinkle pork with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Brown pork on both sides; remove from pan.
- 2. Add preserves, juice, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, garlic and curry powder to same pan; bring to a boil. Return pork to pan. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 5-7 minutes or until a thermometer inserted in pork reads 145°. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
2 pork slices with 2 tablespoons sauce equals 239 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 509 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 23 g protein.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.