Fig Coffee Cake Recipe
"My mother-in-law shared this recipe with me," writes Angel Retherford of Laughlin, Nevada. "I have reinvented it by using different flavors of Fig Newtons. My favorite version is made with apple-cinnamon, but be sure to try the raspberry, too."
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- 15 Fig Newton cookies, crumbled
- 1. In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk. In another bowl, combine brown sugar and cinnamon; cut in butter until crumbly. Fold in crumbled cookies.
- 2. Spread a third of the batter into a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Top with half of the filling. Repeat layers. Top with remaining batter. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely on a wire rack before cutting. Yield: 9 servings.
1 each: 432 calories, 16g fat (7g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 476mg sodium, 69g carbohydrate (42g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein .
Reviews for Fig Coffee Cake
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC