- the inside and discard.
- In a spice grinder or with a mortar and pestle, combine the fennel
- seed, fenugreek, pepper, nutmeg and cloves; grind until seeds are
- Brush squash with oil. Sprinkle with salt and 3/4 teaspoon spice
- mixture. Place in an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking sheet.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 35-40 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute carrots and shallots in oil
- until tender. Stir in the figs, water, salt, cinnamon, pepper,
- nutmeg, cloves and remaining spice mixture. Bring to a boil. Reduce
- heat; simmer, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until liquid is
- evaporated and figs are tender. Stir in pecans.
- Fill squash with stuffing. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until heated
- through. Yield: 4 servings.
Editor's Note: Fenugreek is available from Penzeys Spices. Call 800-741-7787 or visit penzeys.com.
Nutritional Facts: 1 stuffed wedge equals 299 calories, 11 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 489 mg sodium, 52 g carbohydrate, 13 g fiber, 5 g protein.