Fig, Walnut & White Chip Cookies Recipe
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup dried figs, finely chopped
- 1 cup white baking chips, divided
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1. In a large bowl, beat sugars and butter until blended. Beat in the eggs, cream, lemon peel and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to sugar mixture and mix well. Stir in the figs, 3/4 cup chips and walnuts. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- 2. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- 3. In a microwave, melt remaining chips; stir until smooth. Drizzle over cookies; let stand until set. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 3 dozen.
1 each: 132 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 53mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Fig, Walnut & White Chip Cookies