Fig, Walnut & White Chip Cookies Recipe
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup dried figs, finely chopped
- 1 cup white baking chips, divided
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1. Cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, cream, lemon peel and vanilla. In a separate bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Stir in figs, 3/4 cup baking chips and walnuts. Refrigerate, covered, at least 2 hours.
- 2. Preheat oven to 350°. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Bake until bottoms are lightly browned, 8-10 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- 3. In a microwave, melt remaining chips; stir until smooth. Drizzle over cookies; let stand until set. Store in an airtight container. Yield: about 3 dozen.
1 each: 132 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 53mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Fig, Walnut & White Chip Cookies