- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup dried figs, finely chopped
- 1 cup white baking chips, divided
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, beat sugars and butter until blended. Beat in the eggs, cream, lemon peel and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to sugar mixture and mix well. Stir in the figs, 3/4 cup chips and walnuts. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a microwave, melt remaining chips; stir until smooth. Drizzle over cookies; let stand until set. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 3 dozen.
Originally published as Fig, Walnut & White Chip Cookies in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2011, p119
Reviews for Fig, Walnut & White Chip Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 14, 2012