- until reduced to 2/3 cup. Add the marmalade, preserves, lemon juice,
- salt and pepper. Cook and stir for 5-6 minutes or until slightly
- Cut remaining onions into 1-in. pieces. Drain chicken; discard
- marinade. On six metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread
- the chicken, onions and mushrooms.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and
- lightly coat the grill rack. Grill kabobs, covered, over medium heat
- or broil 4 in. from the heat for 10-15 minutes or until juices run
- clear, turning occasionally.
- Serve kabobs with rice and reserved figs; drizzle with sauce. Garnish
- with mint and lemon if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 kabob with 2 tablespoons sauce (calculated without rice) equals 529 calories, 9 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 273 mg sodium, 80 g carbohydrate, 13 g fiber, 28 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.