Fig & Ham Pinwheels Recipe
A unique combination of figs, ham and marmalade make for these unusually tasty and pretty pinwheel appetizers. Bonnie Buckley - Kansas City, MO
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. Bake: 15 min. YIELD:24 servings
- 1 cup finely chopped dried figs
- 1/3 cup orange marmalade
- 2 tablespoons stone-ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 4 slices deli ham
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the figs, marmalade, mustard and brown sugar. Separate crescent dough into four rectangles; seal perforations. Top each with ham and spread 1/4 cup filling to within 1/4 in. of edges. Roll up each jelly-roll style, starting with a short side; pinch seams to seal. Cut each into six slices.
- 2. Place the slices cut side down on greased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 24 appetizers.
1 pinwheel equals 99 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 137 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1 starch.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC