Fiesta Vegetable Salad Recipe
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen cut green beans, thawed and drained
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen peas, thawed and drained
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen corn, thawed and drained
- 1 each medium green, sweet yellow and red pepper, diced
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large bow, combine the vegetables; set aside. In a saucepan, heat the sugar, vinegar, oil, water, salt and pepper over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Pour warm dressing over vegetables; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 12-14 servings.
3/4 cup: 202 calories, 8g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 252mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 4g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Fiesta Vegetable Salad
"I did not like this recipe. The green beans were slightly rubbery and the dressing was too tart. My husband was more receptive but I won't be making it again."