Fiesta Vegetable Salad Recipe
A friend shared this recipe with me. Not only does it look pretty, it can be made ahead and kept in the refrigerator for several days.
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen cut green beans, thawed and drained
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen peas, thawed and drained
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen corn, thawed and drained
- 1 each medium green, sweet yellow and red pepper, diced
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large bow, combine the vegetables; set aside. In a saucepan, heat the sugar, vinegar, oil, water, salt and pepper over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Pour warm dressing over vegetables; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 12-14 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 202 calories, 8 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 252 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC