A friend shared this recipe with me. Not only does it look pretty, it can be made ahead and kept in the refrigerator for several days.
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen cut green beans, thawed and drained
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen peas, thawed and drained
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen corn, thawed and drained
- 1 each medium green, sweet yellow and red pepper, diced
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bow, combine the vegetables; set aside. In a saucepan, heat the sugar, vinegar, oil, water, salt and pepper over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Pour warm dressing over vegetables; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Originally published as Fiesta Vegetable Salad in Country Extra January 2001, p51
Reviews for Fiesta Vegetable Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Apr. 14, 2009
"I did not like this recipe. The green beans were slightly rubbery and the dressing was too tart. My husband was more receptive but I won't be making it again."