- marinara sauce, corn, Cajun seasoning, garlic, sugar, pepper and
- In a small bowl, combine flour and broth until smooth; stir into slow
- cooker. Add the chicken. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or
- until chicken and vegetables are tender, adding green beans and
- cilantro during the last 2 hours of cooking.
- Remove chicken from slow cooker. When cool enough to handle, remove
- meat from bones; discard bones. Cut meat into bite-size pieces and
- return to slow cooker; heat through. Sprinkle servings with cheese.
- Yield: 9 servings (3-1/2 quarts).
Nutritional Facts: 1-1/2 cups (calculated without cheese) equals 358 calories, 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 66 mg cholesterol, 1,188 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 27 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.