- 1/2 pound uncooked chorizo or Johnsonville® Hot Italian Ground Sausage
- 1 large potato, cubed
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 3 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 1 jar (26 ounces) marinara sauce
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 2 pounds bone-in chicken breast halves, skin removed
- 1 cup cut fresh green beans
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- Shredded Asiago cheese
- Crumble chorizo into a small skillet; cook over medium heat for 6-8 minutes or until fully cooked. Drain. Transfer to a 6-qt. slow cooker. Add the potato, onion, green pepper, jalapenos, tomatoes, marinara sauce, corn, Cajun seasoning, garlic, sugar, pepper and salt.
- In a small bowl, combine flour and broth until smooth; stir into slow cooker. Add the chicken. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until chicken and vegetables are tender, adding green beans and cilantro during the last 2 hours of cooking.
- Remove chicken from slow cooker. When cool enough to handle, remove meat from bones; discard bones. Cut meat into bite-size pieces and return to slow cooker; heat through. Sprinkle servings with cheese. Yield: 9 servings (3-1/2 quarts).
Originally published as Fiesta-Twisted Brunswick Stew in Simple & Delicious October/November 2011, p23
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Fiesta-Twisted Brunswick Stew
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 21, 2011
"This was super-easy to make and really good!"