Fiesta Tuna Salad Sandwiches
“Sometimes I make a tuna melt out of this sandwich and serve warm. The tuna salad spread is also yummy as a dip.” —Kimberly Stewart, Omaha, Nebraska
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 6 cans (5 ounces each) white water-packed tuna, drained and flaked
- 1 large red onion, chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 2/3 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 2 loaves (14 ounces each) ciabatta bread, split
- 3/4 pound sliced pepper Jack cheese
- 12 lettuce leaves
- In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients; spread over
- bread bottoms. Layer with cheese and lettuce. Replace bread tops.
- Cut each loaf into six slices. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice equals 451 calories, 18 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 64 mg cholesterol, 920 mg sodium, 46 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 30 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot