Fiesta Tuna Salad Sandwiches Recipe
- 6 cans (5 ounces each) white water-packed tuna, drained and flaked
- 1 large red onion, chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 2/3 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 2 loaves (14 ounces each) ciabatta bread, split
- 3/4 pound sliced pepper Jack cheese
- 12 lettuce leaves
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients; spread over bread bottoms. Layer with cheese and lettuce. Replace bread tops. Cut each loaf into six slices. Yield: 12 servings.
1 each: 451 calories, 18g fat (6g saturated fat), 64mg cholesterol, 920mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 30g protein.
Reviews for Fiesta Tuna Salad Sandwiches
"What a KEEPER! My husband said it's the best Tuna Salad he ever ate!!"
"Not impressed. I made this for a potluck and had a heck of a time cutting it with out making a mess even with toothpicks to hold it together and then noticed that no one could eat the entire piece, most people had to remove one side of the bread in order to make it manageable. Additionally it didn't taste that fantastic and was the highest calorie item there. I'm glad I made it, but I won't make it again."
"What a KEEPER! My husband said it's the best tuna salad he ever ate!"