Fiesta Tuna Salad Sandwiches Recipe
- 6 cans (5 ounces each) white water-packed tuna, drained and flaked
- 1 large red onion, chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 2/3 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 2 loaves (14 ounces each) ciabatta bread, split
- 3/4 pound sliced pepper Jack cheese
- 12 lettuce leaves
- In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients; spread over bread bottoms. Layer with cheese and lettuce. Replace bread tops. Cut each loaf into six slices. Yield: 12 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Fiesta Tuna Salad Sandwiches(3)
Sort By :
What a KEEPER! My husband said it's the best Tuna Salad he ever ate!!
Not impressed. I made this for a potluck and had a heck of a time cutting it with out making a mess even with toothpicks to hold it together and then noticed that no one could eat the entire piece, most people had to remove one side of the bread in order to make it manageable. Additionally it didn't taste that fantastic and was the highest calorie item there. I'm glad I made it, but I won't make it again.
What a KEEPER! My husband said it's the best tuna salad he ever ate!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cold Sandwich Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Fish Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Sandwiches >
- Potluck Dinner Recipes >
- Potluck Recipes >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Seafood Recipes >