Fiesta Taco Salads Recipe
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium taco seasoning
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 cups hearts of romaine salad mix
- 3/4 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1/3 cup shredded reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 32 blue tortilla chips
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef and jalapeno over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in water and taco seasoning. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat. Stir in beans.
- 2. Divide romaine among four serving plates. Top with beef mixture, tomatoes, green pepper, onions, olives and cheese.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, salsa and milk. Drizzle over salads. Arrange tortilla chips around edges. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving equals 483 calories, 18 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 52 mg cholesterol, 922 mg sodium, 54 g carbohydrate, 8 g fiber, 25 g protein.
Reviews for Fiesta Taco Salads
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.