Fiesta Taco Salads Recipe
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium taco seasoning
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 cups hearts of romaine salad mix
- 3/4 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1/3 cup shredded reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 32 blue tortilla chips
- In a large skillet, cook beef and jalapeno over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in water and taco seasoning. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat. Stir in beans.
- Divide romaine among four serving plates. Top with beef mixture, tomatoes, green pepper, onions, olives and cheese.
- In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, salsa and milk. Drizzle over salads. Arrange tortilla chips around edges. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Fiesta Taco Salads(3)
Sort By :
Great salad. Portions are just right.
Quick easy summertime meal, my family loved it I added avacado and left out the olives to suit my familys preference.
Delicious...and looks pretty too!
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Salad Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Main Dish Salad Recipes >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Mexican Salad Recipes >
- Quick Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Salads >
- Simple Quick Recipes >
- Simple Recipes >