Fiesta Sweet Potato Soup Recipe
- 1 package (9 ounces) fully cooked spicy chicken sausage links, chopped
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with mild green chilies, undrained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- Sour cream and thinly sliced green onions
- In a large saucepan, saute the sausage, sweet potatoes, onion and pepper in oil until onion is tender. Add cumin; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the broth, tomatoes and beans. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Stir in cilantro.
- Garnish servings with sour cream and green onions. Yield: 6 servings (2-1/4 quarts).
Reviews for Fiesta Sweet Potato Soup(2)
Sort By :
This was delicious and well received by my family. I enjoyed leftovers the next day for lunch. It was just hard to peel and cut up the sweet potatoes.
I made this soup a couple of days ago and we really enjoyed it. I agree that it is better the second day, but it was really delicious the first time around too. I couldn't decide which flavor of chicken sausage to use, so I ended up using a garlic herb variety of the Al Fresco brand.
More Recipe Collections
- Broth Soup Recipes >
- Cajun Recipes >
- Cajun Soup Recipes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Country Woman Soup Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Soup Recipes >
- Mardi Gras Recipes >
- Potato Soup >
- Potato Soup Recipes >
- Quick Chicken Dinner Recipes >