Fiesta Surprise Recipe
I have a friend who is a native Californian, but developed this dish during 30 years of living in Alaska. She made it whenever she yearned for "food like back home".—Jan Seibert, Albion, California
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup taco sauce
- 10 corn tortillas (6 inches)
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and partially drained
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped fully cooked ham
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1. In a skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in taco seasoning and water. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Pour 1/4 cup taco sauce in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; coat five tortillas on both sides with the sauce. Overlap the tortillas to make bottom layer.
- 2. Stir one package of spinach into the beef mixture; spoon over the tortillas. Top with half of the cheese. Cover with remaining tortillas, overlapping as needed. Spread with remaining taco sauce. Sprinkle with ham; cover with sour cream. Sprinkle remaining spinach over top; cover with remaining cheese.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until heated through. Let stand for 5-10 minutes before serving. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 each: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Fiesta Surprise
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC