- 1-1/2 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup taco sauce
- 10 corn tortillas (6 inches)
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and partially drained
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped fully cooked ham
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- In a skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in taco seasoning and water. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Pour 1/4 cup taco sauce in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; coat five tortillas on both sides with the sauce. Overlap the tortillas to make bottom layer.
- Stir one package of spinach into the beef mixture; spoon over the tortillas. Top with half of the cheese. Cover with remaining tortillas, overlapping as needed. Spread with remaining taco sauce. Sprinkle with ham; cover with sour cream. Sprinkle remaining spinach over top; cover with remaining cheese.
- Bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until heated through. Let stand for 5-10 minutes before serving. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Fiesta Surprise in Country Ground Beef 1993, p95
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Fiesta Surprise
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Ham >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Lasagna Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Lasagna Dinners >
- Mexican Dinners >