Fiesta Skillet Dinner Recipe
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 envelope reduced-sodium taco seasoning
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1-1/2 cups sliced zucchini
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, cook turkey and onion until meat is no longer pink; drain if necessary. Stir in the taco seasoning, water, zucchini, tomatoes and corn; bring to a boil. Add rice.
- 2. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed. Sprinkle with cheese; cover and let stand until the cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Fiesta Skillet Dinner
Reviewed Jan. 6, 2013
"I'm sorry but how can you say this is diabetic friendly and then not give the nutritional information. It has rice in it...... not friendly to a diabetic."
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC