Fiesta Skillet Dinner Recipe
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 envelope reduced-sodium taco seasoning
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1-1/2 cups sliced zucchini
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, cook turkey and onion until meat is no longer pink; drain if necessary. Stir in the taco seasoning, water, zucchini, tomatoes and corn; bring to a boil. Add rice.
- 2. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed. Sprinkle with cheese; cover and let stand until the cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC