- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 envelope reduced-sodium taco seasoning
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1-1/2 cups sliced zucchini
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook turkey and onion until meat is no longer pink; drain if necessary. Stir in the taco seasoning, water, zucchini, tomatoes and corn; bring to a boil. Add rice.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed. Sprinkle with cheese; cover and let stand until the cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Fiesta Skillet Dinner in The Taste of Home Cookbook 2010, p41
Reviews for Fiesta Skillet Dinner
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 6, 2013
"I'm sorry but how can you say this is diabetic friendly and then not give the nutritional information. It has rice in it...... not friendly to a diabetic."