- 2/3 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 6 green onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup pickled jalapeno slices, chopped
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon molasses
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds, toasted and ground
- Cook rice according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the corn, beans, onions and jalapenos. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the remaining ingredients; shake well.
- Stir rice into corn mixture. Add dressing and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Fiesta Side Salad
"I loved the Molasses with Lime. What a great idea! I added more of both flavors just because I liked them together so much and it was excellent!"
"This recipe was excellent and easy to make. It's a great take a long to summer picnics and potlucks since it can be made ahead of time and doesn't contain ingredients that will spoil easily in the heat. My husband even compared it to the fixings in a Chipotle burrito, which he loves."
"We love the combination of flavors with just the right amount of heat from the jalapenos. This is a great make-ahead dish for barbecues and picnics since it goes so well with grilled meat. I use cooked brown rice for a bit more nutrition."