Fiesta Scrambled Eggs
"I love to fix this spicy scrambled egg dish for friends and family," writes Kay Kropff from Canyon, Texas. TIP: "It's a meal in itself, but I serve it with muffins or biscuits, fresh fruit juice and coffee," she notes.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 8 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute the
- onion and peppers until tender. Sprinkle with bacon. Pour eggs over
- the top; sprinkle with 1/2 cup cheese, salt and pepper. Cook over
- medium heat, stirring occasionally, until eggs are completely set.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Serve with salsa. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 222 calories, 16 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 311 mg cholesterol, 529 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 15 g protein.