If you're tired of the same old chicken salad, try this slightly spicy version. It's attractive and tasty, so it's perfect for every day and special occasions.
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon lemon or lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 3-1/2 cups cooked rice, chilled
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- Lettuce leaves
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 medium avocado, peeled and sliced
- 1/4 cup ripe olives, sliced
- Tortilla chips
- In a large bowl, combine first six ingredients. Stir in rice,
- chicken, green onion and green pepper. Cover and chill for 1-2
- hours. Serve on a lettuce-lined platter; top with tomato, avocado,
- olives and chips. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 551 calories, 39 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 55 mg cholesterol, 582 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 17 g protein.