If you're tired of the same old chicken salad, try this slightly spicy version. It's attractive and tasty, so it's perfect for every day and special occasions.
Recommended: Make-Ahead Graduation Party Food
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon lemon or lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 3-1/2 cups cooked rice, chilled
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- Lettuce leaves
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 medium avocado, peeled and sliced
- 1/4 cup ripe olives, sliced
- Tortilla chips
- In a large bowl, combine first six ingredients. Stir in rice, chicken, green onion and green pepper. Cover and chill for 1-2 hours. Serve on a lettuce-lined platter; top with tomato, avocado, olives and chips. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Fiesta Salad in Country Chicken Cookbook 1995, p14
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Fiesta Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review