Fiesta Rice Recipe
This delicious dish is filled with eye-appealing colors and taste that makes even a large batch disappear fast. It's easy to assemble and pop in the oven.—Rita Wilken, Bloomfield, Nebraska
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 4 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) small pitted ripe olives, drained
- 2 cans (28 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 to 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups water
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a small skillet over medium heat, saute the onion in butter until tender. Transfer to a large bowl. Stir in the next eight ingredients.
- 2. Divide between two ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pans. Stir 2 cups of water into each pan. Cover and bake at 350° for 1-1/2 hours. Uncover; sprinkle with cheese. Return to the oven for 5-10 minutes or until cheese melts. Yield: 30-36 servings.
1/2 cup: 134 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 338mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Fiesta Rice
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC