Fiesta Ribeye Steaks
"This is a great recipe for grilling out or for camping trips," notes Jodee Harding of Granville, Ohio. "Adapt it for indoors by cooking the steaks in a skillet and heating the tortillas in a warm oven."
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 8 flour tortillas (6 inches)
- 8 beef ribeye steaks (3/4 inch thick and 8 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 cups salsa
- Place tortillas on a sheet of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. x 12
- in.). Fold foil around tortillas and seal tightly; set aside.
- Drizzle both sides of steaks with lime juice. Grill, covered, over
- medium-hot heat for 7-9 minutes on each side or until meat reaches
- desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read
- 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°).
- Place tortillas on outer edge of grill; heat for 5-6 minutes, turning
- once. Sprinkle cheese over steaks; serve with salsa and warmed
- tortillas. Yield: 8 servings.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.