Fiesta Red Potatoes
“My son-in-law, who is very creative, came up with these potatoes,” says Pat Pennell of El Dorado Springs, Missouri. Use only one jalapeno or serve these fiery potatoes with sour cream to cool them off a bit.
4 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 4 medium red potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt-free seasoning blend
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 small tomatoes, chopped
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute the
- potatoes, onion, jalapenos, seasoning blend and pepper in oil for
- 30-35 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Stir in tomatoes; heat
- through. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 146 calories, 4 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 15 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.