“My son-in-law, who is very creative, came up with these potatoes,” says Pat Pennell of El Dorado Springs, Missouri. Use only one jalapeno or serve these fiery potatoes with sour cream to cool them off a bit.
Recommended: 40 Recipes for Vegetable Soup
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 4 medium red potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt-free seasoning blend
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 small tomatoes, chopped
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute the potatoes, onion, jalapenos, seasoning blend and pepper in oil for 30-35 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Stir in tomatoes; heat through. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Fiesta Red Potatoes in Light & Tasty April/May 2007, p33