Fiesta Ranch Burgers Recipe
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup canned diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/2 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 to 2 tablespoons chopped chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/4 pounds lean ground turkey
- 1/3 cup fat-free ranch salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 5 lettuce leaves
- 5 hamburger buns, split
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into five burgers.
- 2. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 7-9 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 165° and juices run clear.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine the salad dressing and cilantro. Serve burgers with dressing on lettuce-lined buns. Yield: 5 servings.
1 burger equals 357 calories, 12 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 90 mg cholesterol, 745 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 27 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch.
Reviews for Fiesta Ranch Burgers
"I was a little skeptical at first since the burger mix turned out a little wet, but the burgers held together surprisingly well. My two teenage daughters loved them. In fact, they asked me to write this review. A great healthychoice."
"These tasted really yucky. They actually lacked taste, maybe I should have used more peppers. The bad thing was the texture. It was really soft and squishy and it didn't look that color in the picture it was grey. I think it would be better made with ground beef or maybe even chicken. Using mexican tomatoes would probably help too. I don't know how this could win a contest."
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.