"I originally served this zippy filling on open-faced French rolls," writes Socorro Kimble of Bakersfield, California. "One day I added some of the leftover mixture to my baked potato at dinner. What a treat! No I make these rich cheesy potatoes often."
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 medium potatoes, baked
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup diced fully cooked ham
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 to 2 tablespoons chopped green chilies
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Place potatoes in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. With a sharp knife,
- cut an X in the top of each potato. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for
- 10 minutes or until warm.
- Meanwhile, combine the sour cream, ham, Parmesan, mayonnaise,
- chilies, salt and pepper; mix well. Fluff potato pulp with a fork.
- Top with ham mixture; sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, 10-15
- minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Editor's Note: If using hot baked potatoes, omit the baking time before adding the topping.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 424 calories, 21 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 65 mg cholesterol, 537 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 16 g protein.