"I originally served this zippy filling on open-faced French rolls," writes Socorro Kimble of Bakersfield, California. "One day I added some of the leftover mixture to my baked potato at dinner. What a treat! No I make these rich cheesy potatoes often."
Recommended: Make-Ahead Graduation Party Food
- 4 medium potatoes, baked
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup diced fully cooked ham
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 to 2 tablespoons chopped green chilies
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Place potatoes in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. With a sharp knife, cut an X in the top of each potato. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 10 minutes or until warm.
- Meanwhile, combine the sour cream, ham, Parmesan, mayonnaise, chilies, salt and pepper; mix well. Fluff potato pulp with a fork. Top with ham mixture; sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, 10-15 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Fiesta Potatoes in Quick Cooking January/February 2000, p53
Reviews forFiesta Potatoes
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 20, 2009
"why don't the pictures of the recipes show with the recipes after they are moved to my recipe box?"