Fiesta Potato Salad Recipe
"With Mexican foods so popular, this salad has plenty of appeal," notes Marlene Muckenhirn of Delano, Minnesota.
- 6 cups cooked cubed peeled potatoes
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2/3 cup black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2/3 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1 to 2 teaspoons minced fresh cilantro
- 3/4 cup ranch salad dressing
- 1/2 cup chunky salsa
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Lettuce leaves, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, cheese, beans, red pepper, celery, onions and cilantro. In a small bowl, combine salad dressing, salsa and salt; pour over potato mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Serve in a lettuce-lined bowl if desired. Yield: 12-16 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 158 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 289 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC