Fiesta Potato Salad Recipe
- 6 cups cooked cubed peeled potatoes
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2/3 cup black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2/3 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1 to 2 teaspoons minced fresh cilantro
- 3/4 cup ranch salad dressing
- 1/2 cup chunky salsa
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Lettuce leaves, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, cheese, beans, red pepper, celery, onions and cilantro. In a small bowl, combine salad dressing, salsa and salt; pour over potato mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Serve in a lettuce-lined bowl if desired. Yield: 12-16 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 158 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 289 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Fiesta Potato Salad
"This is a very good put luck style dish. It has many compliments from the many I've prepared this for."
"First I must admit I'm not a big fan of mayonnaise so I am always looking for salads that don't use it. Second the salad is good, if you like the textures that are going on in the salad. The amount of dressing/salsa made the salad creamy, i might try a bit more salsa maybe, just to bring that flavor out a little more. Was not a big fan of the crunchy stuff, maybe if it were itty bitty pieces so theres not so much crunch."
"I did the "ole" version of this from Sargento and it is very good. It calls for fat free ranch dressing and jicama was optional. As for quantities, I thought the salad needed more potatoes and less dressing. Regular shredded cheese works better than the fine shredded."