Fiesta Pork Sandwiches Recipe
This is an easy and flavorful dish that my family really enjoys. When I fix it for company, I usually prepare the meat the day before so I can concentrate on side dishes and relaxing with my friends. —Yvette Massey, La Luz, New Mexico
- 1 boneless pork shoulder butt roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- 2/3 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup grapefruit juice
- 2 bay leaves
- 12 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 12 to 14 sandwich rolls, split
- 1. Cut the roast in half; pierce several times with a fork.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the next eight ingredients. Pour half of marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add the pork. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate overnight, turning occasionally. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- 3. Drain and discard marinade. In a Dutch oven over medium heat, brown roast in oil on all sides. Place the onion, roast and reserved marinade in a 5-qt. slow cooker.
- 4. Cover and cook on high for 2 hours. Reduce heat to low; cook 6-8 hours longer or until the meat is tender. Remove roast; shred or thinly slice. Discard the bay leaf. Skim fat from cooking juices and serve pork on rolls with juices as a dipping sauce. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Reviews for Fiesta Pork Sandwiches
Reviewed Jun. 2, 2013
"this was far too acidic for me."
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC