- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup picante sauce
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- Dash garlic powder
- 1 can (4-1/2 ounces) chopped ripe olives, drained
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 cup (4 ounces) finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 8 flour tortillas (10 inches)
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese, sour cream, picante sauce, taco seasoning and garlic powder until smooth. Stir in olives, chilies, cheese and onions. Spread about 1/2 cup on each tortilla.
- Roll up jelly-roll style; wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight. Slice into 1-in. pieces. Serve with salsa. Yield: about 5 dozen.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Fiesta Pinwheels
Sort By :
"I have made these sooo often in the last couple of years. They are my favorite thing to take to any gathering, and I have never had any left to bring home. I agree with maureen104 - maybe the reason a person wouldn't like them is NOT the recipe as it was actually submitted, NOT the absence of meat - but perhaps it's because that person totally changed the recipe to something else?!"
"I've been making these for years. They are perfect as is.. I don't understand why anyone would completely change the recipe and then give it on!y 2 stars!"
"this recipe was ok... but there was no sort of meat to tie it all together... I used some cooked deli chicken shredded - no olives and no chilies! added veggie cream cheese (instead of the plain cream cheese) and a dab of mayo - fiesta ranch dry dressing mix (instead of taco seasonings) and added a dab of the picante sauce to bind it all together! i used the same measurements for the ingredients as I have listed - had to tone it down abit - cause I gots to keep my pancreas happy!"
"I only used a little of the olives, I love olives but didn't want that to be the only thing you could taste. It was the perfect amount. Next time I might leave them out altogether."
"These are easy and taste great. I always get compliments."