"Precut ingredients also take the effort out of Fiesta Mixed Greens, Sherri declares. "It's a colorful and refreshing side dish. Add leftover turkey, chicken or ham for a hearty lunch salad or cool summer main course."
- 4 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, chopped
- 3/4 cup pimiento-stuffed olives
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon salsa
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon dried cilantro flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a salad bowl, combine the greens, tomato, yellow pepper, olives, celery and onion. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the remaining ingredients; shake well. Just before serving, drizzle over salad; toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Fiesta Mixed Greens in Quick Cooking May/June 2001, p15
Reviews for Fiesta Mixed Greens
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review