Fiesta Meatballs Recipe
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 2-1/2 teaspoons garlic salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 2 cups sliced zucchini
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the egg, Worcestershire sauce, onion, celery, 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic salt and pepper. Add beef and mix well. Sprinkle with bread crumbs; mix just until combined. Shape into 2-in. balls. Place meatballs on a greased rack in a shallow baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20 minutes or until meat is no longer pink.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a saucepan, combine cornstarch and broth until smooth. Stir in the stewed tomatoes, zucchini, oregano, sugar, basil and remaining garlic salt. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- 3. Drain meatballs; top with the tomato mixture. Bake 10 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 333 calories, 16g fat (6g saturated fat), 128mg cholesterol, 1683mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 2g fiber), 27g protein.
Reviews for Fiesta Meatballs
"Delicious! I used more Stewed Tomatoes (since I only had a large can) and loved it!"