Fiesta Meatballs Recipe
Meet the Cook: My rancher husband is crazy about rice, less so about zucchini. But when I serve this flavorful combination, he comes back for more. We put up hay and have cows and calves, which keeps us pretty busy. We are fortunate to have our daughter and son-in-law here to help so we have time for a few hobbies. -Patricia Archie, Glendo, Wyoming
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 2-1/2 teaspoons garlic salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 2 cups sliced zucchini
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- In a large bowl, combine the egg, Worcestershire sauce, onion, celery, 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic salt and pepper. Add beef and mix well. Sprinkle with bread crumbs; mix just until combined. Shape into 2-in. balls. Place meatballs on a greased rack in a shallow baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20 minutes or until meat is no longer pink.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, combine cornstarch and broth until smooth. Stir in the stewed tomatoes, zucchini, oregano, sugar, basil and remaining garlic salt. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Drain meatballs; top with the tomato mixture. Bake 10 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Fiesta Meatballs in Country Woman September/October 1999, p33
Reviews for Fiesta Meatballs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 15, 2012
Delicious! I used more Stewed Tomatoes (since I only had a large can) and loved it!
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Budget Ground Beef Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Country Woman Dinner Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Meatball Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Meatball Recipes >
- Mexican Dinners >