When time is short, Sandra Castillo relies on this family-pleasing main dish. "It's so easy to fix, and everyone loves the zesty flavor that the salsa and chili beans provide," comments the Sun Prairie, Wisconsin cook.
Recommended: Make-Ahead Graduation Party Food
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (16 ounces) elbow macaroni
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 jar (16 ounces) salsa
- 10 ounces process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1 can (16 ounces) chili beans, undrained
- Cook macaroni according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Drain macaroni; set aside.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine salsa and cheese. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Stir into the skillet; add the macaroni and beans. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Fiesta Macaroni in Quick Cooking May/June 2002, p9
Reviews forFiesta Macaroni
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 24, 2014
"easy and tastes great!"
Reviewed Dec. 12, 2012
"We thought this was good but needed something more. I may try making again with some mexicorn or black olives and perhaps top with sour cream before serving."