When time is short, Sandra Castillo relies on this family-pleasing main dish. "It's so easy to fix, and everyone loves the zesty flavor that the salsa and chili beans provide," comments the Sun Prairie, Wisconsin cook.
- 1 package (16 ounces) elbow macaroni
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 jar (16 ounces) salsa
- 10 ounces process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1 can (16 ounces) chili beans, undrained
- Cook macaroni according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Drain macaroni; set aside.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine salsa and cheese. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Stir into the skillet; add the macaroni and beans. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Fiesta Macaroni in Quick Cooking May/June 2002, p9
Reviews for Fiesta Macaroni
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 24, 2014
"Easy and tastes great!"
Reviewed Dec. 12, 2012
"We thought this was good but needed something more. I may try making again with some mexicorn or black olives and perhaps top with sour cream before serving."