Fiesta Loaf Recipe
- 1 round loaf (1 pound) sourdough bread
- 1/2 cup refried beans
- 4 ounces sliced Colby cheese
- 1 small sweet red pepper, sliced
- 4 ounces sliced Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 small tomato, seeded and diced
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 2 tablespoons ranch salad dressing
- 1 avocado, peeled and sliced
- 4 ounces sliced cheddar cheese
- 1. Cut the top fourth off loaf of bread. Carefully hollow out top and bottom of loaf, leaving a 1/2-in. shell. (Discard removed bread or save for another use.) Set top aside.
- 2. Spread refried beans inside bottom of shell. Layer with the Colby cheese, red pepper, Monterey Jack cheese, chilies, olives and tomato. Gently press layers together to flatten as needed.
- 3. Combine cheese blend and ranch dressing; spoon over tomato. Top with avocado and cheddar cheese. Replace bread top and wrap tightly in plastic wrap. Chill. Yield: 6 servings.
1 piece: 609 calories, 34g fat (17g saturated fat), 73mg cholesterol, 1210mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 6g fiber), 26g protein
Reviews for Fiesta Loaf
"This impressive sandwich was the hit of last year's Super Bowl festivities, so guess what I'm fixing this year. Only I am going to make two!"