Fiesta Loaf Recipe
- 1 round loaf (1 pound) sourdough bread
- 1/2 cup refried beans
- 4 ounces sliced Colby cheese
- 1 small sweet red pepper, sliced
- 4 ounces sliced Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 small tomato, seeded and diced
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 2 tablespoons ranch salad dressing
- 1 avocado, peeled and sliced
- 4 ounces sliced cheddar cheese
- 1. Cut the top fourth off loaf of bread. Carefully hollow out top and bottom of loaf, leaving a 1/2-in. shell. (Discard removed bread or save for another use.) Set top aside.
- 2. Spread refried beans inside bottom of shell. Layer with the Colby cheese, red pepper, Monterey Jack cheese, chilies, olives and tomato. Gently press layers together to flatten as needed.
- 3. Combine cheese blend and ranch dressing; spoon over tomato. Top with avocado and cheddar cheese. Replace bread top and wrap tightly in plastic wrap. Chill. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 609 calories, 34 g fat (17 g saturated fat), 73 mg cholesterol, 1,210 mg sodium, 49 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 26 g protein.
Reviews for Fiesta Loaf
"This impressive sandwich was the hit of last year's Super Bowl festivities, so guess what I'm fixing this year. Only I am going to make two!"