Fiesta Lasagna Recipe
Loaded with Mexican-style ingredients, this filling lasagna is sure to please the whole gang, whether you make it for your family or take it to a potluck. Every bite is mmm-good! —Karen Ann Bland, Gove, Kansas
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. Bake: 70 min. + standing YIELD:12 servings
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 1 can (16 ounces) mild chili beans, undrained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Mexican stewed tomatoes, drained
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 envelope reduced-sodium taco seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1-1/4 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1-1/4 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 cup 4% cottage cheese
- 1-1/4 cups sour cream, divided
- 9 lasagna noodles, cooked, rinsed and drained
- 1. In a Dutch oven, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the beans, tomatoes, salsa, chilies and seasonings.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine Monterey Jack and mozzarella cheeses; set aside 1 cup. Stir cottage cheese and 3/4 cup sour cream into remaining cheese mixture.
- 3. Spread 1 cup meat sauce into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Layer with three noodles, and a third of the cottage cheese mixture and meat sauce. Repeat layers twice (dish will be full).
- 4. Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour. Uncover; spread with remaining sour cream. Sprinkle with reserved cheeses. Bake 10-12 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 12 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC