- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 1 can (16 ounces) mild chili beans, undrained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Mexican stewed tomatoes, drained
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 envelope reduced-sodium taco seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1-1/4 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1-1/4 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 cup 4% cottage cheese
- 1-1/4 cups sour cream, divided
- 9 lasagna noodles, cooked, rinsed and drained
- In a Dutch oven, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the beans, tomatoes, salsa, chilies and seasonings.
- In a large bowl, combine Monterey Jack and mozzarella cheeses; set aside 1 cup. Stir cottage cheese and 3/4 cup sour cream into remaining cheese mixture.
- Spread 1 cup meat sauce into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Layer with three noodles, and a third of the cottage cheese mixture and meat sauce. Repeat layers twice (dish will be full).
- Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour. Uncover; spread with remaining sour cream. Sprinkle with reserved cheeses. Bake 10-12 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 12 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Fiesta Lasagna
Sort By :
Grammie1 was spot on--this recipe improves with each day. I didn't think too much of it when first prepared, but the subsequent leftovers were yummy. I don't think this will replace regular lasagna for me, but it's a nice alternative. I strongly recommend preparing a day or two ahead, and reheating the day you plan to serve it for better flavor and texture.
This recipe is both easy and delicious. I usually serve it with sour cream on the side along with with hot taco sauce for those who want to add more kick.
THE best mexican style lasagna you could make! Combine Italian and Mexican with this recipe and you have a party! And as we all know....it's even better the next day.
My family loves this recipe. I love that it is easy to make & can be prepared in advance & refrigerated or frozen. I use petite diced tomatoes with jalapenos instead of the Mexican stewed tomatoes. Refried beans with jalapenos. Sharp cheddar cheese instead of Monterey Jack. I also love that it uses lasagna noodles instead of tortillas, which tend to get soggy. A nice alternative to burritos!