Chowders are a scrumptious way to warm the spirits during the holidays. Our festive soup is brimming with ham, green chilies, potatoes and corn. —Cathy Hastie, Auburn, California
Recommended: 30 Soup Recipes Ready in 30 Minutes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1-1/2 pounds potatoes (about 3 medium), peeled and cubed
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Sour cream, optional
- In a large saucepan, heat butter over medium heat. Add onion and celery; cook and stir 3-4 minutes or until onion is tender. Add potatoes, ham, chilies, parsley and pepper; cook and stir 1 minute.
- Stir in broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Stir in corn, milk and cheese; heat through. If desired, serve with sour cream. Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts).
Originally published as Fiesta Ham Soup in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2015, p162
Reviews forFiesta Ham Soup
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 24, 2015
"Awesome soup! First I made it for work and tonight I'm making it for my family. Thank you for sharing."