- 1/2 cup DOLE Canned Pineapple Juice
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 beef flank steak (1 pound)
- 1 cup cubed fresh pineapple
- 1/2 cup salsa verde
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and cubed
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the pineapple juice, lime juice, garlic salt and cumin. Score the surface of the beef, making diamond shapes 1/4 in. deep; place in bag. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- In a small bowl, combine the pineapple, salsa, avocado, green onion and cilantro. Cover and chill until serving.
- Drain beef and discard marinade. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill steak, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°).
- Let stand for 5 minutes; thinly slice across the grain. Serve with salsa. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Fiesta Grilled Flank Steak
Sort By :
"A nice flair on the traditional grilled steak. Absolutely delicious."
"Better than restaurant quality flavor. Tender, juicy and it still had that wonderful beef flavor."
"This was really a fun way to serve flank steak. The salsa was really good. I used regular salsa instead of the verde and that too worked fine. I grilled the sliced sweet potatoes, and it did look nice."
"I need to make this again. I didn't let it marinate long enough and the meet was a little tough. But the salsa on top was fantastic!"