Fiesta Grilled Corn Recipe
We love Mexican food and corn on the cob. So I combined them into something fresh and spicy. For Italian flair, I make this corn with basil and oregano butter and Parmesan cheese.—MacKenzie Severson, Germantown, Maryland
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons grated lime peel
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 6 large ears sweet corn in husks
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 cup crumbled queso fresco or fresh goat cheese
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the butter, cilantro, lime peel and garlic powder. Shape into a log; wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until firm.
- 2. Carefully peel back corn husks to within 1 in. of bottoms; remove silk. Place in a Dutch oven; cover with cold water. Soak for 20 minutes; drain. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, chili powder and paprika. Spread over corn. Rewrap corn in husks and secure with kitchen string.
- 3. Grill corn, covered, over medium heat for 25-30 minutes or until tender, turning often. Serve with butter slices and sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
1 ear of corn with toppings equals 426 calories, 33 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 53 mg cholesterol, 269 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 7 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC