Fiesta Fry Pan Dinner Recipe
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1-1/2 cups sliced zucchini
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked Minute® White Rice
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a skillet, cook turkey and onion until meat is no longer pink; drain if necessary. Stir in the taco seasoning, water, zucchini, tomatoes and corn; bring to a boil. Add rice. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed. Sprinkle with cheese; cover and let stand until the cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
One 3/4-cup serving (prepared with lean ground turkey and reduced-sodium taco seasoning) equals 310 calories, 8 g fat (0 saturated fat), 57 mg cholesterol, 647 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 27 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch.