Fiesta Fruit Cups
Two types of melon and other fresh fruit combine with peach preserves in this best-of-the-season fruit dish from Karen Ann Bland. The Gove, Kansas reader writes, “These colorful fruit bowls are great to serve for brunch or as a snack.”
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 6 flour tortillas (6 inches)
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons cinnamon-sugar
- 2 cups halved fresh strawberries
- 1 cup cubed cantaloupe
- 1 cup cubed honeydew
- 1 large navel orange, peeled and sectioned
- 1/2 cup peach preserves
- Whipped topping and additional strawberries, optional
- Place tortillas on ungreased baking sheets. Brush with butter;
- sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar. Cut each tortilla into six wedges.
- Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on
- wire racks.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the strawberries, melons and
- orange. Stir in preserves. Using a slotted spoon, spoon into dessert
- Serve with tortilla chips. Garnish with whipped topping and
- additional strawberries if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 2/3 cup fruit with 6 tortilla chips (calculated without optional ingredients) equals 280 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 288 mg sodium,