Rhonda Cowden from Quincy, Illinois sprinkles a warm creamy bean mixture with colorful toppings to create an effortless appetizer. "This delicious dip is a favorite at get-togethers," she says.
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies or jalapenos
- 1 envelope fiesta ranch dip mix
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend, divided
- Sliced ripe olives, chopped, tomatoes, sliced green onions and shredded lettuce, optional
- Tortilla chips
- In a shallow 1-1/2-qt. microwave-safe dish, combine the sour cream, beans, chilies and dip mix. Stir in 1 cup cheese. Cover and microwave on high for 2 minutes; stir.
- Cover and microwave 1-1/2 minutes longer or until heated through; stir until blended. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Top with the olives, tomatoes, onions and lettuce if desired. Serve with tortilla chips. Yield: about 5 cups.
Originally published as Fiesta Dip in Quick Cooking July/August 2002, p47
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Fiesta Dip
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review