Fiesta Cream Cheese Spread
Salsa and apricot preserves come together as a strange combination, yet create a very tasty appetizer! Give this one from Sharyl Wolter of Rosenberg, Texas a try at your Super Bowl party this year!
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup chunky salsa
- 1/4 cup apricot preserves or orange marmalade
- 2 tablespoons chopped avocado
- 1 tablespoon chopped ripe olives
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- Assorted crackers
- Place cream cheese on a serving plate. In a small bowl, combine salsa
- and preserves; spread over cream cheese. Sprinkle with avocado,
- olives and cilantro. Serve with crackers. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 2 tablespoon (calculated without crackers) equals 131 calories, 10 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 134 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
Wine: Sparkling Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.