Fiesta Crab Dip
This mild, fresh-tasting crab dip tempts taste buds. Patricia Walls often fixes a batch in her Aurora, Minnesota kitchen.
24 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup picante sauce
- 1 package (8 ounces) imitation crabmeat, chopped
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons sliced ripe olives
- 2 tablespoons diced fresh tomato
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- Tortilla chips, assorted crackers or fresh vegetables
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and picante sauce until blended.
- Add the crab, cheese and onions and mix well. Cover and refrigerate
- until serving.
- Transfer to a serving bowl. Sprinkle with the olives, tomato and
- cilantro. Serve with the chips, crackers or vegetables. Yield: 3
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 63 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 158 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.